Sunday, January 13, 2013

Strip the flesh, salt the wound...


I always feel a little guilty when recreating something that's already a "drawing". However I REALLY wanted to draw a Psycho from Borderlands because they're my favorite character in the game. Mainly because they manage to freak me out everytime I have to fight one. (I mean, a guy in a crazy mask running at you while wielding a cleaver AND laughing? Who WOULDN'T get freaked out?
) To be honest one of my favorite things about Borderlands is the style of artwork. I LOVE that they mix cartoonish looking characters with a realistic/detailed landscape. But mostly I wanted to experiment with a different shading technique today and this was the guy to try that with. Overall I feel pretty good about it, he looks kind of gross and dirty...as he should. Mission accomplished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment